- Your access and use of Heligan Group’s website (the “Website”)
- Our provision of services relating to your use of this Site such as in response to your completion of a contact form.
What personal information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information you enter into any form on our Website or which you access through a link on our Website (such as to book an event or attendance via our Website);
- Details of your use of our Website.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect special category information from individuals and we request that you do not submit special category information to us via the Website.
Special category or sensitive data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Trade union membership
- Physical or mental health or condition
- Sexual life or orientation
- The commission or alleged commission of any offence
- Any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by them
- The disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
How we use the information you provide through this Website
We use the information you provide to us through a contact form to reply to your query.
We may use processors to help operate this Website. Where this is done, any data processed will be in compliance with Data Protection Law.
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to and we use it to operate our Website as it is within our legitimate interests to:
- Operate this Website and associated web applications as part of managing and conducting our business;
- Obtain information about your use of the Website via cookies to be able to manage the functionality of and improve the quality of the service we provide via our Website.
How we will use other information you may provide to us once we have responded to your initial request
Once we enter into a dialogue with you about your enquiry we may request that you provide us with further personal data.
Disclosure and sharing of your personal information
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the maintenance and improvement of our Site; and
- Any provider whose event you have requested access to or attendance of.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event of a business transfer where we buy or sell business assets in which case customer information will be one of the transferred assets;
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and their systems, such as relating to the provision of webinars. If you follow a link to a website other than ours, then please note that other websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we store this information
The information that we collect from you we may store, process and transmit in Europe, the United States and locations around the world - including outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff are engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services, maintaining and operating the Site, and providing security services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Each affiliate or supplier receiving your personal data is bound by standard contractual clauses that comply with the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to controllers established in third countries set out in the European Commission Decision 2010/87/EU.
- Take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- Store all the personal information you provide to us on securely protected servers.
We will store your personal information for up to one calendar year. We may retain a copy of your information for compliance reasons. When you update your information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
In addition, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
How you can access and amend your information
Once we have collected your information, we are very aware of the rights you retain with regard to it. These rights are laid out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and are provided for your reference below.
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information:
- The right to be informed — you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- The right of access — you have the right to access your personal data that we hold.
- The right to rectification — you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — you have the right to have personal data erased, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- The right to restrict processing — you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- The right to data portability — you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The right to object — you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances for e.g. direct marketing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling — you have the right not to be subject to a decision in respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- Right to withdraw consent — you have the right to withdraw your consent at anytime. Should you wish to exercise this right please contact us using the contact details below.
For more information please see the following link.
If you would like to request to exercise any of your rights or if you have any queries related to accessing your personal information, correction, or your rights under GDPR including requiring a copy of the information we hold on you, we will provide free of charge and within one month. Please contact our Privacy team on [email protected] if you wish to exercise any of your rights.
For The Attention of Simon Heath
Data Privacy Request
The Exchange, Newhall Street, Birmingham, England, B3 3PJ.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your query, you can contact your local data protection authority who will be able to advise you on next steps. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is also our lead supervisory authority. Details of their contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
How you can contact us
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal data through the Website, please contact us at [email protected] with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.